Thread: Proud but ....
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Gottalife
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

If you are physically unwell it seems to impact on how we feel in other areas. Maybe the picture will be brighter when that bronchitis is behind you.

I my experience it is not all that uncommon to run into a black spot after a couple of months dry. For me it had to do with how I reacted to life. Just stopping drinking didn't change my thinking or attitudes.

I was unaware there might be anything wrong with my attitudes, so it never occurred to me to make any changes. My alcoholic life and way of thinking were the only normal way for me. I later discovered I was a bit off beam, and it put me in conflict with the people around me, and had me doing things that I later regretted. This brought on the misery which, when it had grown enough, was sufficient to make drinking look attractive.

The solution seems to have been a complete and profound change in my reaction to life where I am now able to live in harmony with those around me, most of the time, and can handle life's ups and downs without thought of a drink.