View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 08:12 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Para

Hi everyone. I survived my second night. I was so tired by 8:30pm...i guess because i hardly slept the night before and being so anxious took a lot of energy out of me. I feel asleep by 9pm and didn't wake up until 6am. I feel rested. I even went for a 20 minute power walk. Still a bit anxious, but the doom feeling is going away. I had a lot of dreams last night too..one being that I was riding my bike trying to get home from somewhere, but it was so hard to pedal and it was taking me forever to get home.

Ruby - the advice I have to give you is to just breathe, accept the past, the guilt and anxiety will fade slowly as long as your are working sincerely on being sober. Do the work to remain sober. You will be doing yourself a big favour if you are sober. And if your son is developing a drinking problem, you being sober and in recovery, can understand him and help him in so many ways! You can be of support. I hope that can motivate you! And the anxiety will go down. I'm starting the morning of day 3, and it's getting better.
Stay connected with SR. Being on here has helped me so much!