Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 07:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Chadders
Last booze: April 10 2015

Thanks again for the welcomes everyone! Beccybean, yes, HALT is a very good one, especially Hungry. When I'm hungry (and not at work) beer normally fills the gap. Even these last 2 days I've eaten when hungry instead of taking a stroll to the local. Believe me, resisting the beer garden on a beautiful sunny day as we have here today, is quite something for me! thanks for the book recommendations. I'm quite an avid reader and so I plan to fill a lot of my spare time immersing myself in books on sobriety, as well as on this forum. I do feel that if I keep sobriety front and centre I will be more likely to succeed. In terms of the tricky situations, I'm quite fortunate in some ways that I don't get pushed into that many. I'm quite introverted and over the years I've learned to say 'no' quite easily if I don't want to do something - this should hopefully help with invites to the pub and so on. I do have a wedding to attend in June (in France), but at the moment I'm not worrying too much about it. I do acknowledge that I will need a proper plan before I go though. One part of which will be coming on here and asking you guys for help! :-)
Cheers
C