Thread: I did it!
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Buggirl

Talking I did it!

So just over six months sobriety for me and I was really apprehensive about going out tonight as I was sure the evil AV would show up, but..........it didn't, not once! I had my plan if it did, but not a wimper! I won't let it fool me though and will always have a plan ready to shoot it down!

I went out with my partner, brother in law and his partner (who is an alcoholic and doesn't see!). We went to what was my fav two pubs and I haven't been in either for six months ! Nothing had changed, except me! Same characters and all were pleased to see me, but couldn't get their head around why I wasn't drinking, so I told those who asked. I told them.... I was an alcoholic! One that was now six months sober! I saw the admiration and all congratulated me! It felt good.

When I had my first soft drink my brother in laws partner asked if I was on call (as this was the only time I couldn't drink previously), so I said no, I am in recovery! The shock when I said I have and still attend AA was immense!

I am not suggesting everyone else can be so bold, but I have been and it has helped, he'll, I say that I am an alcoholic in front of strangers at AA!

Couldn't have done this without the support of you guys!

Thank you!