Thread: Mental Battle
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 07:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Tang View Post
I read some of the bottoms other people have and some are much worse than me. I know I'm not supposed to compare bottoms, but my AV uses this as an excuse to tell me I don't really have a problem. I'm not like you all. Yet I'm fixated on alcohol. I think about it at odd times. And I definately drink unhealthy amounts. I am writing this here because it has become a stumbling block for me achieving any substantial string of sober days.
Reading this post I would say quite the opposite - you are exactly like all of us. Pretty much everything you describe in your post are the classic traits of alcoholism ( fixating on it, drinking when you know you shouldn't, drinking unhealthy amounts, comparing your drinking to others, ) and we have all been there.

Regarding "bottoms", there really is only one true one - death. Just this week there have been multiple posts of people who have died due to their addiction right here on SR. Are you truly willing risk it all for the priviledge of pouring liquid poison down your throat?