Old 04-10-2015, 04:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MissUs2015

Help me break up with my 50-year-old meth addict.

Help me break up with my 50-year-old meth addict.

He lived with me until last month. The catalyst was the meth I found on the dining room table.

Mom took him in. She has kept up her boy's HS bedroom since 1983. She was ready, and I was not.

I had a huge resentment toward her and the family she drives, as well as those in the fellowship who say their relationship matters more because they gave birth vs. chose the relationship.

For my resentments, I chose to 9th Step my addict's foo on Easter Sunday. His Mom hugged me so hard. My addict came over a couple days later, and then announced at 3 a.m. that he wanted to be home with Mom.

Mom cried at my 9th Step on Easter Sunday. \ She is supposedly invested in our recovery. She is well off. She supposedly likes me.

However, she won't help with couples therapy. She welcomed him back to a bedroom she has kept for 35 years just in case, and then he pressured me to go over there so Mom could have peace with her holiday.

He has made it clear he would break off if I approached her. To be honest, I do not like her enough to maintain an individual friendship.

He is there now. I need some esh on how to deal with this. Is there any hope? ESH?

In advance, thank you so much.