View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Iconoclastic

Originally Posted by Spalding View Post
Yeah, I second the anger thing. I've been told anger (in a healthy way, and reached in a healthy way) is actually a healthy thing. It means we are taking a spot in the world. Expressing that we feel something is wrong, and demanding it be noticed.

So often people discount anger, and reject and hide and try not to feel it. But often it's people who are trying to scoot away from their responsibility that want us not to be angry when we have right to be.

That, and being conditioned to fear anger and conflict. BUT, I think, maybe anger doesnt always need to equal conflict...Maybe that's a false association? Maybe someone can be angry and not express it in a conflictual way? Thoughts?
Re:>>> Maybe someone can be angry and not express it in a conflictual way? Thoughts?<<<

At one pole of communication stands passivity: not speaking out for fear of adverse consequences. At the other end stands aggressiveness: voicing negative sentiments without restraint or regard for their effect on others. In between passivity and aggression lies the golden mean: asserting one's thoughts and feelings, wants and needs, while at the same time showing appreciation and respect for the others viewpoint.