Old 04-09-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mecanix
That bell or bike person

Cool Weekender , 10th of april 2015 , lets get through together

Hey y'all ,

Surprise it's me kicking this thing off

We start it early so our Australian, NZ and friends in that part of the world are included in the run up to the weekend , help people around the world develop plans and think the weekend through

Everyone is welcome , old timers share what it's like to be sober . Show that there is life after stopping drinking and that a sober life can be a fun and worthwhile experience .

New timers are welcome to come along hopefully we can supply some chitter chatter to help jolly you through , give you an idea that sobriety is positive and life affirming, life enhancing .

If you have a specific problem or are really struggling it's worth posting on the man forum as not everyone wants to read our chit chat so you might miss out on some worthwhile support by posting in this rather than a thread of your own , but wherever is fine the newcomers is a safe place where everyone , giver uppers, repeat relapsers, soberists are all welcome to come join in and work on attaining a great and sober life ..

Whatever helps get you through is cool by me and enough people have said that this thread has helped them , so that is more than Weasel and i ever thought or hoped for when it started a couple of years ago .

Let's get on our sober bikes and cycle along the sober highway , it isn't a race , you might tumble down a pothole or fall off , like cycling though the idea with sobriety is not to fall off but to become skilful and avoid those traps and pitfalls .

Don't stay flat on your back laying in the road if you do fall off , get up and get back in the saddle and come join us .

Check in if you like , say hello and good luck , support can be tangental and we need not talk about "the elephant in the room" …

Let's just get through , together

The thread is ours , what shall we make of it this week ?

Good luck & bestwishes,

m