View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 10:37 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Melina

Hi everyone!

I hope everyone's doing well!

I'm doing well with not drinking, I am 17 sober days in a row currently.

In February I drank 4 times. In March I drank once (17 days ago).

I want this. It feels SO good to wake up without a hangover every day.

I have thoughts of wanting to use alcohol when I get stressed, but then I think of everything that implies for me- how utterly sick I am the next few days after drinking, how something awful always happens, how if I drink it is a guaranteed blackout session. My body turned a corner the last year of my drinking and there is something inside of me that is convinced I will die if I drink and lose everything important to me first.

I make some chamomile tea instead and snuggle in bed to read. Every morning I wake up sober is so delicious. That feeling is so precious to me so I choose to focus on that every time I get a craving.

This has been the easiest of all 12000000 times I have ever tried to quit. I like being sober. It's interesting. I like lounging in bed sober when I have the time, it's yummyyyyy to be lazy sober! I have more money. My skin looks fantastic. My eyes are scary clear and focused. I am gaining a sense of peace and tranquility, moments at a time. I'm figuring out what I want the rest of this year to look like, one day at a time.

I love ya, Septies. Hope to hear from everyone soon!

xoxo,
Melina