View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
ArmyOfOne

Originally Posted by brightdaysahead View Post
It's good your wife and you decided to seek marriage counseling. I wish you the best. I can understand and relate to your exhaustion and tiredness with everything.

My husband and I started marriage counseling two weeks ago. We only had one session as a couple. The other two sessions were individual so she could understand each of our perspectives. Thankfully, she has a very good understanding of addictions. I barely had to say much the first session. She stepped in a handful of times and finished my thoughts. A sigh of relief. For many months, I felt like I was swimming upstream against a very strong current by myself. I was the only voice of reason with my husband. Finally, I had another individual echo similar words to my husband that I had spoken.

I hope you have a similar experience like mine. It's a challenging road we all face and every bit of support we find along the way is wonderful and much needed. Hang in there. You're not alone.
My counselor I guess sees the issues with both of us but he is very careful to lay any blame on either party. He is trying to take a 'communications' approach. Saying we have holes in our communication and we need to work on those. But he has asked point blank questions about her addiction and my anger/controlling tendencies.

So lets how it goes. Best of luck to you too!!!!