Old 04-08-2015, 12:47 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Berrybean

STARTED drinking??

I started doing it because I was curious. I carried on doing it because I liked the feeling it gave me. Maybe alcohol and drinking seemed 'normal' to me as my dad was a daily drinker. But then, he never drank to blackout which is what I did from early on.

I would like to be able to say it was to help me cope with life and feelings and get to sleep - but in all honesty, for me, I think that came much later once I had enough experience of drinking to know who alcohol was capable of. And I don't think I even realised that's what I was doing at the time. It was more that once the alcohol was gone I realised all those things that it 'helped' with as I had to find a different way of dealing with them.

Nope. I drank because I chose to. I wanted to. I loved feeling drunk. I loved the feeling of not giving a s**t about anything. I loved pressing the 'F**k It' switch on all my responsibilities. As described by Mickey Bush: I loved the way it turned me from a waddling nerdy Duck to an Eagle circling its prey; and made me feel 'Prettier; Wittier; and Tittier'.