Thread: Broken Record
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
GoesWithTheFlow

I feel you

Originally Posted by Stiv View Post
It seems my promises don’t mean much these days, the constant and annoying repetition of stating I am quitting alcohol with the repetitive variation of the last attempt has made me a liar.

The tears in my wife’s eyes last night were too much, she doesn’t believe me anymore, with good reason.

Regardless, I feel I am ready to quit, so once again I am making this promise, to myself.

I read this recently, “give up, give in or give it all you got”, giving it all.
I did this to girl friend of over a decade many times. I would say, I am going to quit but never did. I felt the same as you: a liar, lame for not keeping my word; afterall what's a man without his word? I kept trying and my gf was paitient enough with me even after saying I am quitting for so long. One day, I just new I had to stop. I felt it in my body, literally, the pain of to much drinking had taken internal effects on my body. I decided if I don't stop I won't be able to keep promises I made to her and my family. I have too much to do to go out like this so I decided to quit once again. Now 62 days later I have stayed quit!

Like someone else said don't give up! Keep trying! When you feel with everything in your mind and body that you must quit, you will quit, and you will feel awesome for doing it. By the way, my relationship hasn't been this good in a long time. No arguments and just a lot of love