Old 04-05-2015, 07:57 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
djmchammered

Thanks guys, over the past three weeks my wife and I have attended 4 therapy sessions. They were setup by my wife after she and I had a major argument in front of a babysitter and I went on a major 4 day epic drinking binge. The argument started because we needed a sober ride to go out to a concert and we had both started drinking, our ride had backed out and I was about to hit pay with the uber app and I walked into confirm it with her. She said she would be better off if I was dead and told me she wanted a divorce and then clawed and hit me. I wrote her a nasty letter told her if she didn't fix it I was going to eventually find someone else. She then sent 4 different family members over as a half assed intervention. The funny thing is all the people she sent are aware of her verbal abuse and took my side anyways, they are all drinkers. Granted I was really in bad shape and that was a sort of rock bottom point. Mind you we have never spoke of divorce before in our 4 years of marriage. In her defense I did end up talking to a complete stranger on facebook while I was drunk who was having a very sad time. I was just trying to talk to someone and hope we could pick each other up. My wife snooped and saw the conversation but it was pretty much harmless, however after the threat of me leaving she took it the wrong way. The person I was talking to was clearly not my type but... Yeah

So we went to one counselor and she lightened up. We ended up having sex 4 times in two days? I guess that's her way of claiming me back? Then we saw another therapist that insisted we need divorce preparation not marriage counseling, she walked out. We then went back to the original counselor and she wished us luck and recommended I did not go to Miami. Well I went and we did not have any arguments at all. We went back after but had to bring our kids. The focus was only on my drinking and not her verbal abuse. What do you think I should do?