View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 08:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
namommy

Thank you guys.

I am sure you already know by now that the name 'NAmommy" is there for a reason. I am a typical care taker. When it comes to my family, my sponsees, my friends, or anyone else in need, I go into 'mother bear' mode: Don't f*** with my cubs!!! That is probably why there are a few people around here (my area) who just call me 'mommy'.

I did what I've learned to do. I posted here, I made a few phone calls, delegated to some of my 'junior mommies' lol. and prayed. I am turning it over. I am hoping to send my 'attack dog' (cleanlady) over with her tomorrow too. That way, I will know she is OK. They are all under direction to call me tomorrow too.

As far as fishing, I can't wait. I really need a day on the beach, watching the waves roll in and getting in touch with just how Powerless I really am. There is something about the power of the ocean that always puts me back on square. God knew what he was doing when this tournament got scheduled.

Gooch, 2 things: 1: Where the he** is the Potomack? lol 2: I can never manage to post pictures, I am techno impaired remember.

Blake, I think she may do better than having a BIG man there tomorrow. She is going to be surrounded by a whole bunch of recovering women who at one time or another have gotten away from abusive men. He's dead meat!!

Paulie, I can't wait until I get my head back on straight, I think I am getting there though. And yes, they do have fishing tournaments. My husband and I fish on a surf-fishing team, last year in the tournament I was the only woman to get a fish on the leader board, and it was the fish that pushed our team over the top to win. I got to keep the team trophy for 2 weeks. My husband got skunked, and I haven't let him forget it, especially when it was our turn to get the trophy. lol This year my 2 boys are registered in the youth division of the tournament. Wish us luck.