View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 06:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
namommy

Feeling very powerless and unmanagable.

OK, sorry for yet another thread, but I just got a phone call.

One of the things that is going on in my life, is helping a sponsee prepare to leave a VERY abusive husband. She has been secretly saving money, getting together important documents, and she found and apartment. I was planning on helping her move, and the day of the move, take her first thing to get a Protection from Abuse order.

Well, she just called, the move is tomorrow. I am not going to be anywhere near home tomorrow. I am fishing in a tournament tomorrow and I will be over 100 miles from home. How can I help her? I feel like I need to be there to protect her. I know my other sponsees and other addicts will be there for her, but trusting that someone else will protect her the way I know I will is hard for me to do.

She also informed me that somehow he found out last night about this, and she really could have used the PFA last night and this morning. I feel like killing this man myself. I don't know how she has managed to go this long (25 years) with this type of abuse. I just want to scream.

Please keep her in your prayers. (she has triplets to take care of too).