Old 04-04-2015, 01:15 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
LonelyShadow

Does anyone else find themselves recognising the AV in others speech?

I found myself hearing it in my father when the subject of alcohol comes up, it's absolutely fascinating (albeit a little depressing) to hear the exact same twisted logic in someone else's words that I used to use myself, and still recognise as AV in my own thoughts.

He's in the 'moderation' crowd and as such has set up certain 'rules' for himself to stop him going into 'old habits'. I have no doubt many of you are already shaking your heads.

Here's the one that really annoys the crap out of me, he has a 'rule' that he can't drink alone. So naturally he sets about attempting to convince other people to drink with him. He was attempting to convince my mum and sister to drink some wine with him and even when they clearly had said they didn't fancy it he carried on talking about it. Eventually mum had a glass of wine and my dad proceeded to then drink the rest of her bottle then a bottle to himself. He still sees this as being successful in his 'moderation' because he didn't break his 'rule'

At the very least it helps me to recognise AV activity a little better.