View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 10:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ramsey502

5 days sober now

Today is day #5 sober. My withdrawal symptoms have been fairly minimal. Just some fairly strong anxiety a few times so far, and my hands are still shaking. No other physical symptoms. Instead of riding it out alone in my apartment I drove 4.5 hours to my parents house on Wednesday. Plan on driving back home Saturday. I am 100% committed to staying sober. I don't care how much my own damn brain is going to try and trick me back to drinking! I've kind of separated my brain into 2 parts. The real me brain and the devious evil brain. So every time I want to drink and the evil brain comes up with this rational reason why I should, the real me brain just tells it to f off and then reminds me that no good will come of it. In fact the result will be the opposite. The evil brain seems to have a myriad of reasons to drink with convincing arguments. So far the real me brain has only one defense. It basically just says f off to the evil brain and says things will get better. Seems to be working though. Big problem is I just started dating this wonderful girl. She doesn't believe that I am quitting for good. She doesn't trust me and that sucks. Everyone else is being encouraging and supportive for the most part except her. Her not believing, ignoring some texts, and no guarantee she will even see me when I get back is very stressful. Should I just give up on contacting her for a month or so I work on myself?