View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
gleefan

Hi Undies

MB - Hi, good to see you! The undies have been a major source of comfort and healing for me too.

(((Gilmer))) - I peeked over at the March thread to read about what happened with your dad. Remember, you didn't cause your dad's health issues and as far as I can see you do an amazing job of caring for him. You provide him a safe and loving home, good medical care and nutritious meals. Snapping at someone isn't going to make their disease progress or flare up. I hope you can let go of the guilt and find peace. You deserve it. An important lesson that I'm learning in sobriety is to take good care of myself, and to intuitively sense the balance between care and over indulgence.

This journey through recovery is pretty amazing. I had a cool epiphany this morning: I could let my stress or concern over some aspects of my life diffuse into my whole day, or I could compartmentalize it, save thinking about it til I have time to focus on it, and enjoy the rest of my day. I am choosing to enjoy my day!

I keep coming back to this thread because it deeply inspired on many of the steps of my journey, especially the support and camaraderie of Dee, Toots, Courage, DottieP, Drake, DG, Elseware, Gilmer, BoozeFree, LS, Saskia, many who have come and gone....and Carlos, who's celebrating 22 months sober today!

Carlos - I'm grateful to share this journey of growth and healing with you. I admire your positive, energetic, open, honest, and humble approach to recovery. You make the big concepts so easy for me to understand, which allows me to put them to practice instead of keeping them stuck in my head. Ours is a program of action!

I hope I didn't forget to mention anybody. If I did, it's completely accidental. To the folks who are new to recovery, I want to encourage you to keep visiting SR, keep posting, keep sharing - and keep an open mind. See, I thought I had it all figured out. When I humbled myself to admit that I didn't, that's where my perspective began to change from lacking and never having enough to peace and abundance.