Old 04-02-2015, 02:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
MinxT

Thank you all for your comments, concerns, thoughts, stories and advice. Hearing it from people who are somehow acquainted with addiction really means a lot to me. The detective called today and gave a little bit more insight. The penalty will likely be severe so we have a difficult decision to make and he requested that we let him know ASAP.

On top of this, today she agreed to go to rehab but the only clinic we could find with an opening is a quick 3-week program. I believe it was because she was backed into a corner and she obviously doesn't want to go to jail. Now my sister is strongly against the idea of pressing charges because she agreed to go to rehab. If we pass up this opportunity and she doesn't get better all we can do is sit back and watch again.

For those of you that are familiar with legal system, or had a family member put through it, how does it work? Would they generally go to rehab first, then jail? Would we have any say in which rehab facility she is assigned to? How long do the court mandated rehab programs generally last?