Old 04-02-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
allmirages

Minx - Welcome! I see you are new to SR. This is a great place for support and knowledge. I am sorry for what brings you here. Theft is a common occurence that many of us have dealt with. I wanted to share that the qualifier in my life (now exBF) who was a Herion addict, stole from me as well as anyone else in his path (all his family, friends, his employer, clients of his employer where he did work). His stealing finally caught up with him when he stole from 2 "big box" stores and police charges were filed. It was then the court stepped in and ordered mandatory urine drops, etc. He failed that program and went in to a very stringent rehab program which he recently graduated. He and I don't talk anymore, but I do know that he is still sober.

I also want to tell you that he was steps away from killing himself before the court stepped in. He fell deep into his addiction, he lost so much weight he looked as though he was a walking skeleton, and I am pretty confident if the court hadn't stepped in, he would most likely not be here on Earth. A regret I have, and other family members, is that we did not file police charges when he stole from us. By not taking action, in my opinion, he kept spiraling out of control because he had no consequences. Perhaps if the others before me would have stepped in 5 or 6 years sooner (he's been using for about 12 years, different DOC each time, but still an addict), maybe, just maybe, he wouldn't have fallen so deep into his addiction.

It's a hard choice to make, but as you will read here and many other sites, an addict must face the consequences of their actions. Take care ~