Thread: On My Way
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 08:11 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

Just One

Did not turn out to be just one last night. Obviously on some level I knew that it would turn out that way because I've seen the play before and know how Act 2 goes, but went ahead regardless. Coming on the heels of Monday, when I really did have only one, I feel as I'm losing the focus toward sobriety that I had earlier. So, I'm going to remember how I'm feeling this morning and redouble my efforts. I do not drink and I'm not going to change my mind.

I'm feeling worse mentally than physically, meaning I'm quite annoyed and disappointed with myself. Furthermore, if the morning played out as it should have I would have already been done with a short training run in preparation for my race in slightly over four weeks. I'm coming up to 11 AM so there's plenty of time left in the day, but I promised my son we'd do something together this afternoon and given the limited amount of time we have before he goes back to college that's going to trump my training. If I don't get my training done today it's going to be a direct negative consequence of my decisions last night.

Decisions and consequences. I understand the concept well and along with my wife have spent a lot of time trying to teach our kids about the relationship between the two. I think we've done a good job with respect to that, but last night I clearly didn't think it through and it's looking as if I'll be paying the price today by missing my opportunity to lace 'em up and get some miles on the road. Not good.

Time to hit the "Submit" button before I really start rambling.