View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
CaiHong

Thanks SKG,
it took me a while to figure out that your avatar was not a cuttlefish but a flying squirrel.

I think I need to spend more time with God and spend more time bringing awareness into each moment.

yesterday seemingly from nowhere I started thinking wouldn't it be nice to sit down with a chilled bottle of wine, just once. The thought was so compelling. I didnt act upon it and thought it through, it would not stop at one bottle and the feeling that I imagine I would have is not guaranteed. It would just open me up to a world of discontent. The thought stayed a little while and then I got busy doing something and it left. I wondered what triggered it was it the music I was listening to, thoughts of my ill sister. I have less stress in my life now than when I got sober but I thought how difficult it is for people who have to cope with huge amounts of stress and get sober.
In the morning I have my spiritual routine but I let it slide as the day goes on this needs to change.
I have always thought that the Muslims praying 5 times a day a good practice. Although I don't think the rigid ritual that necessary.

I am going on a cycling 10 holiday in Taiwan on my own and have downloaded Eckhart Tolle, the Tao de Ching which I will listen to as I cycle along the coast.
if anyone has any suggestions of good listening material please post them if you have time.

CaiHong