Old 04-01-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by seahorse661 View Post
Hi, I too am hypoglycaemic and the only way I have found to keep it controlled is to eat fairly high amounts of fats and protein and keep carbs to a minumum. No sugar, no white flour, moderate amount of fruit. It took about a week to see the benefit - I need less sleep and energy levels are stable. I haven't tried to reduce my caffeine intake (+/- 8 cups a day).
Chromium and glutamine helped a lot with cravings in the first 2 weeks.
I like this approach. I've done it that way and it worked out In my case I needed more carbs to keep my energy levels up so in reading further I've read you can fuel with carbs rather then fats and have the same outcome.

I eat very high carbohydrate. I eat lean protein sparingly and I get all my carbs from fruits and veggies. No white flours or sugars etc.. I'll get my protein from greens and beans and these days a little bit of lean meat even. I wont fry it i'll grill it etc..

Chromium is a good one that is good at keeping your sugar in balance and its found in high amounts in broccoli if you dont want to supplement. Eating broccoli helps.

more and more I've read over the years the reality is if you eat your fruits and veggies in high amounts you'll be just fine!