View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 01:44 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
NWGRITS
Bunnies!

Have you visited our Adult Children of Addicted/Alcoholics forum? It's just a few spaces down in the main forum listing. There are many of us who are dealing with an alcoholic parent or two, and we will be happy to offer our unique perspective (only us ACoA can truly understand what it's like!). You don't have to do anything. You aren't obligated to sit by and watch her destroy herself. My AM has had many health scares (several broken bones, possible heart attacks, learning how to walk again) and isn't slowing down. Sometimes they just don't want to stop. I stopped talking to my mother completely almost three years ago. While it works for me, it's not for everyone. But just know that you are under no obligation to do anything for her if she's bent on drinking. You are not her caretaker. It's so hard to let them go, but they're adults who can figure things out on their own.

I apologize if I'm not making much sense. I'm in the hospital with bleeding from my rear too, but I have a chronic medical condition to blame for it. I'm on a PCA pump, so my posts might not be the most sensical things you'll see tonight. Lol. Welcome aboard, and don't hesitate to ask questions around here. The people on SR are wonderful.