View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 08:04 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  
SpiritOfDjinn
One day at a time.

Well Marchers, I come back with my head hung in shame. I caved today and bought a bottle on the way home. Lots of stress at work and we found out recently that my wife's grandfather has lung cancer. He's not doing well at all and we are stuck on the opposite end of the country. We can't afford to go home to see him and I feel guilty. It's because of my job that we are so far away. Blech....

Anyway, I'll try to make this shorter. I caved. The stress was weighing down on me and AV just wouldn't shut the f*+k up! But, when I tried to sneak the bottle in the house my wife caught me. She took it and dumped it right in front of me. Go her right? I felt so many different things at that moment. Oddly enough, onebof them was relief. Sure, I lost nine bucks but I gained a new respect for my wife and hopefully another trick to add to my arsenal. I mean, knowing that I'm literally throwing my money away should be a deterrent to try it again right?

I feel so ashamed but there is no room for lying and hiding here in the Marching Band. Thanks guys for all your support. I feel better already having posted here. I hope everyone else has had a better day.