View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 07:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MeansForAnEnd

How do I get my best friend help??

I have known my bestie for 15 years, we used to work together as teenagers.

In 2006 she was prescribed her first xanax and vicodin and it has been downhill since then. She has now built up quite the addiction. I would say she now takes up to 200 mg of percocet and probably 20 mg of xanax a day. She hasn't worked in 5 years.

The truth is I love her but she's a junkie. I can't have a rational conversation with her. I think she knows that she's an addict, but refuses to admit it. She has burn marks all over her chest from nodding off with a cigarette in her hand. I live with her so I see how high she is all the time. She nods off in restaurants, and really anywhere for that matter. She has been snorting her pills for years. Her Dr even prescribed fentanyl patches, which she learned would get her high if she sucks or chews them.

I get frustrated when she makes up excuses for her behavior. She always says it's because of a stomach issue she is having, her back pain, her fibromyalgia, etc etc. Her ability to always have an excuse has made me not want to keep bringing this issue up. HOWEVER, SHE STILL NEEDS HELP. I'm so scared that 1 day she will OD. She deserves a better life than this. How do I convince her she needs help while avoiding her excuses. I believe that people do things when they are ready and ready means accepting there is an issue. She needs to sober up to save herself. I was there when she was took her first pain pill/xanax, I want to be there when she takes her last 1 too.