Old 03-31-2015, 04:58 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
fluffyflea

You are the one with the power but not in the manipulative way he thinks.

You are the one with the power to decide what you want to put up with.

Originally Posted by SadInTX View Post
Over a week ago my AH drank to a point where he blacked out...didn't remember what he said or did that night. Our kids were at their other parent's houses.
I thought he might have hit a bottom for what he did....said he wouldn't drink any more, go to a therapist...get help... it would be better...that lasted 6 days.
The whole time I was waiting for the other shoe to drop...actually waiting for him to drink again... I am sure he could feel it.. and then he drank last night, the night before. Night before last wasn't bad..he was in a good mood, but last night his buddy was there and he started being mean. How do I work on not being on edge when he isn't drinking? I try to detach like people have suggested but he just says I am pulling away or not acting right. He needs constant reassurance that we are okay...he constantly want me to hug him or kiss him when he enters the room (or vice versa). I really don't want to be around him when he drinks since I am worried his dark side might come out.
He says that it is all up to me...how I react to him...that is how he will be when he drinks. He says I am the one with the power.
Please help...any advice. Thanks