Old 03-31-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
LBrain

POUNCER! Posting a picture of an animal with 4 thingys...

thanx for bday wishes.
Bim, I had a peach pie in my hand - no sugar added pies. But thought the wife would like cherry better. So after lunch I was treated to... better than 2 28 year-olds jumping out of a cake. When I woke up from my nap I discover that 3/4 of the pie is gone. YES three fourths of the pie was eaten. When I queried about the pie she said, the pie was for ME, you said you gave up sweets.
Yeah, I told her that I gave them up to set an example for her just like she did when she quit drinking before I did. She still can wear the 'outfit' she picked up at Trashy Diva when we were in New Orleans 2 yrs ago. But if she starts eating a pie a day...

So... I just thought of it. The idea of drinking or having a drink on my birthday didn't even cross my mind. Not drinking alcohol has become a natural part of my existence. I don't run away from it like I do when I see poison ivy. I have developed a sort of shield from it. I guess it's like I wouldn't run into a burning building as I was walking by. I just don't drink anymore. Best birthday present ever. Last year I was too screwed up to notice what was going on.
See you all on the new weekender tomorrow. Calling shotgun now!