View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 02:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
KeepTruckin

Thanks again, guys I DO feel pretty good about passing on the wine. When I've quit before I can remember having some near-breakdowns being soooo angry when I was around friends who were drinking, having a good time that I couldn't join in on. I totally have FOMO (fear of missing out), so when others are having a party or hanging out doing something that sounds fun, I get upset if I'm not part of it. I'm better about that now as I get older and more responsible (and don't find the partying as much fun as I used to), but it still sneaks up.

This was kind of a fluke, as far as being around friends drinking. I'm trying to keep a low profile for a while until I feel more stable. One thing I've learned is that if I get invited somewhere and I think I shouldn't go for whatever reason (to avoid alcohol, to save money, because it isn't worth the drive, whatever), I NEED to make plans to do SOMETHING in its place. Otherwise, I will feel like crap, even though I know I wouldn't have had as much fun as I feel like I'm missing out on. Even if I just plan to rent a movie I've wanted to see, I have to keep busy.

But, yes, I was offered free wine at a restaurant, a thing I normally would pounce on, and I pretty easily declined it. I know it won't always be that easy, but it was this time and I am grateful for that!