Thread: On My Way
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

More about the parties....

There was drinking, but with one exception everyone was responsible. Not that I was keeping tabs on who was drinking what, but using behavior as a barometer. I'm not going to lie and say I wasn't tempted, but getting through Saturday night gave me some good momentum to not have any mimosas the next morning.

At one point it became obvious that one of our guests had a little too much. She was safe and among friends and everyone did what they could to make sure she was comfortable. Giving some context, she knew she was over served and just laid down on the couch before getting very emotional. My concern was that she was cared for; that it changed the tenor of the party and conversations for a while didn't bother me. I can also state that I
wouldn't have wanted to trade places with her; I, along with my wife, were working hard to host, but we were both enjoying ourselves and knew that we'd remember every conversation. Expectedly, the woman wasn't at her best the next morning and although tired I was glad to wake up with clarity and in fine form to get brunch on the table of the eight of us. Again, I wouldn't have wanted to trade places.

Two challenges this upcoming weekend; we're hosting a party Friday night and we're going to my SIL's house for a big family Easter party on Sunday. I'll get my game plan in order as the days get closer.