View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Elseware

Hi Venecia, thanks for the good wishes. Things are going well on this day. My son goes back to work and life goes on. I'm doing good. Slept last night. Ahhhhh!

Thanks for the advice on the show "Treme". I will look for that. My husband and I have been looking for something to watch. That sounds good. Sounds like you're finding some copacetic-ness (couldn't think of another word) with New Orleans. I kind of feel that way about San Francisco. It's an interesting city, also, with many distinct neighborhoods and I go down there a lot. To me it's always been "The City".

And a new man friend. I'm so happy for you. I feel very lucky to have such a fine husband at my age. It means a lot to me to have him. He certainly is the love of my life. Your friends' daughter won't be there for ever. Soon she'll be off on a life of her own and for now it's probably nice to take things slow. Jumping into things fast can sometimes lead to broken hearts although I'm one to talk. That's another story.

I went out there and grabbed that tall Palomino horse I was talking about a day or two ago and rode him. He was a perfect gentleman! He's so big (tall) he feels like riding an ocean liner. He take big long strides. But it was nice to ride a horse again. It's been a long time. I was actually a little nervous and my muscles were all quivers. I've changed so much. It's disconcerting really. I wonder if any of you feel like that? I don't feel strong anymore. I cry easily. Over big things and silly things on Facebook. So not the old me. I've lost my old verve.

And I swear, I'm going to have dreadlocks myself here pretty soon if I don't do something. This sort of bothers me. Looking my best was always a top priority with me. But I still walk, take care of my teeth and use sunscreen. That'll have to do for now. I'm gradually making peace with the new me. Not always, of course, but trying. It's when I try to get all cleaned up to go out that I feel, well, not pretty.

Well anyway, hope you're all living your lives with grace and a bit of peace.

Orn, how is the running going? Have not heard about you in a while. Are your knees and all holding up?

Oceanlady o' the beach, how are you?

Sheknits, I think of you often. Kids and nursing. Boy, can I relate!

Dee, I hope you run into my son. He could so use your wisdom.

Soberwolf, I'd love to hear more about you. I love your screen name.

And love you all.