View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 08:38 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
searching peace

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Do NOT hit him, no matter what. YOU could be the one who winds up in jail, which may be what would make him happier than anything, or he has an "excuse" to beat the hell out of you. Being fearless includes being SMART. So assume nothing, just work on making your exit as quickly and safely as possible.
I completely agree with Lexiecat! If you touch him in anger it is DV and it does not matter what he verbally said to push you to do it. You will go to jail and it will be permanently on your record as having a DV conviction and how will you explain that to employers, future boyfriends and their families, etc. No one will take the time to understand the real story.
From my experience you are in a dangerous situation. I was like you and I gave people on this forum about the same amount of credit for knowing what I was going through. But, they were all 100% correct! I stupidly had to learn myself instead of taking their very wise and sage advice. No one is trying to tell you how to live your life and no one is saying they know what you are going through or how your partner will react. But, we are sharing our personal experiences and the majority of proof with how DV grows from verbal to physical. We want the best for you! We want to be supportive of your choices. But I think I can speak for many, we are afraid for YOU. You have made up your mind to get out. There is no reason to engage with your husband on any level. Just go ahead and get out. Wishing you a safe journey and a speedy one to your new residence.