Old 03-30-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
leviathan

hypoglycemia: experience with maintenance?

i recently read "under the influence". it put me on a path of researching hypoglycemia. turns out i have almost all of the symptoms. also turns out that my habits are pretty shabby.

i eat well (especially when spouse cooks)-good quality food most nights. but, i do SEVERAL things wrong according to my research. i wake up and binge coffee while often skipping breakfast. my coffee consumption throughout the day is probably nearing 10 or 11 cups. lunch is often put off until i MUST HAVE IT, followed by a crash that has me contemplating bed.

since i dropped the booze (13+ months) i have allowed myself to acquire a candy/sweets binging habit. this especially has me craving at bedtime. i will go to bed and read while inhaling whatever candy i get my hands on. like a junkie, i will go into the cabinets and find my wife's baking chocolate and crush it if i havent secured a proper source.

the suspected issues im having are textbook: extreme energy fluctuations, moodiness, decreased frustration tolerance, lightheadedness, anxiety, etc...

although i went ahead with the mindset that i should eat whatever i wanted while quitting drinking gallons of beer and vodka, i suspect it is time for my sugar party to stop. i think the data is in, but am hesitant to make the changes (OMG. SURPRISE, RIGHT?).

i was hoping someone in the forum may have had experience with hypoglycemic maintenance/ sugar reduction. did it help? did you apply it gradually? what about this damn coffee? any good resources?