Thread: Not again!!
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
cjwat

Originally Posted by chordcowboy View Post
Hi CJ

sorry you are going through it. We swapped quite a few posts about these symptoms last week didn't we? I won't try to diagnose your problem but I would offer this.

Whenever anxiety / panic are experienced, it is then quite possible (in my experience) to experience just about any other symptom you can think of. We can become hyper-vigilant of our physical and psychological ordeal and just about any horrible symptom you can imagine can ensue.

In my case, as guilt played a growing role in my hangovers, the levels of anxiety soared and just kept rising. I had panic attacks and felt certain that I was going to die many times. I didn't though, I am pleased to report! :-)

My drinking / smoking pattern has been similar to yours- pretty sure the smokes don't help!

I feel confident that you will be fine. Just eat, drink and move your body in moderation and I think it will wear off.

It is not much fun while it is happening though - I know only too well. The good news is that it really is within your power to stop it. 2 weeks ago today I was recovering from my first binge in many weeks. I felt a lot like you do. Being on here has helped and today I have none of those horrible symptoms - but it took a good 7-10 days to really feel well.

Keep trying. Keep going. Be kind to yourself and don't beat yourself up. Just get back on the horse and treat yourself to the prospect of a couple of sober weeks.

It is still very early days for me. I am no authority but your experiences resonate so much with me so I really do wish you well.

CC
we did indeed, I felt last night....oh I will be ok with a couple....but guess what I am not in a sence it a good thing as shows even a one nighter is bad for me, hope I learn, I hope these weird head sensations go as im worried I didn't have them like this last night but as say it maybe tiredness too....or im kidding myself to believe this , did you have any of head issues like things moving around in head ?