View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 02:17 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
lillyknitting
lillyknitting

Originally Posted by DarkDays View Post
I really do not know these normal drinkers that drink 1 or 2 drinks that people often refer to on this site ,certainly not here in the uk , every single person I know drinks more than the weekly limit . It's like a pandemic in the uk , a & e units clogged up with drunks everyday up and down the uk , violence , deaths and countless drunken mishaps reported near on daily in our press yet they still go on about smoking or the handful of people that die of ecstasy each year like that is the real problem when the real problem is staring them slap bang in the middle of the face, one word. DENIAL.
One hundred percent agree with you DD. My hubby, like yourself also a cabbie, plus maybe one other friend of mine who literally just would have one or two drinks, never, ever, more than that. My hubby forever has said: I just can't understand why anyone would render themselves so drunk & so violently unwell and then go out & do it all over again. This friend of mine would never, ever frequent pubs, say like the Friday nights etc. People who go to pubs regularly go to drink. All my drinking mates get drunk & they do it every single week. They are in total denial, they could not understand why I gave alcohell up! They outcast me for doing so, and yet these very same people would bemoan their hangovers & swear off the stuff every week!!! You rock DD & sobriety is the coolest thing on earth.