Old 03-28-2015, 12:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Duckygirl1

Hey, FG!

I was going to look into it. There is such a thing as creating a hostile work environment. His drinking certainly is that. The kitchen dynamic is tough. There are 3 Americans, and the rest are guys from South America who wouldn't turn on the boss for love nor money. They're all nice men, but filming or even telling the truth would be not only a betrayal, but many aren't legal and they live under the radar. 2 have worked with him since they were teen dishwashers and they're now in their mid 30's. He's like a father to them.

Me and the other 2 Americans are trying to leave asap. The boss even yelled during one of his rants when he fired a guy who lasted 3 weeks that he was sick of "spoiled americans"
This guy didn't know or care about not engaging a drunk and wasn't taking any crap.

I think because he's an immigrant himself, he feels more of a kin ship to these guys. He yells at one of them and they get teary eyed and he apologizes. I don't cry easy. Maybe he's trying to break me? That would be a bad idea. I just have to get out.