View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 01:39 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
BlueChair

Originally Posted by PinkCloudsCharley View Post
I respectfully disagree. I think Blue brings awareness to a method that is not talked about much. Had she not specifically referenced it, I would never had known.

Until we have stickies that we can refer people to, we need to be able to talk about the option of various methods, and allow the OP to make his or her own decisions.

I do know that the phrases "Are you going to Al Anon?"or "Try an Al Anon meeting" are standard and I see them in response to almost every new post. I had it asked of me numerous times before Blue referenced SMART.
When I came here I was presented alanon. Hopeful presented Celebrate Recovery and I actually think it could use a mention of its own. I know its still a 12 step but it fills a specific gap for people who are Christians and want those specific ties. This is why I was drawn to it originally. I like how it says they dont use labels and other things also, and how it has a big meeting where the couple could go together and then split off in groups. I think it should be explained in a sticky. Allfor presented Craft and Smart. With all of the methods including alanon I went and talked to the counselor for advice based on my situation and facts.

I think you did this too didnt you Charley?