View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 11:08 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
BlueChair

Originally Posted by Morning Glory View Post
I think the difference Bluechair in the link I read that you posted is that all the members that replied are giving their opinion and speaking to the OP. Not once did they promote a program method.

Your post would be promoting a non 12 step program method.
Instead of promoting the program method you could make it more personal with an opinion or advice that follows what you feel worked for you without promoting the program in every post.

I know though that there would be times to offer the program just like others offer al-anon meetings, but most of the time it should be personal replies without the constant recruiting. We have a troll that comes through here with about 17 different member names. The only thing she posts is Nar-anon addresses and phone numbers. She was banned for that so it is not a program specific issue. She was over the top though.
Got it. I can totally work on how I phrase things, and I do try to post more in relation to my experiences and the person posting but share elements of whats above. I think when we do get some craft/smart stickies it will be easier because right now there is an added burdon of knowing a lot of people have heard of alanon and can read the stickies but they wont see anything on the main forums about alternatives. (I dont know what happened with our making the stickies up but as a group Ill ask everyone and we can work with mods like you said).