Thread: Seeking Advice!
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 01:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
wxfdswxc2

Originally Posted by UnixBer View Post
Can I ask by the way how much has that leaving out all gluteine helped with your state of being and mentality? Never tried that. Been off caffeine for about 6 months and it's been a strange ride in my experience.
Good going with the caffeine! I'm only about 23 days into quitting caffeine, myself. I would have to say that quitting gluten (besides my weekly beer intake) has been a real eye opener. It's surreal at first (after the withdrawal symptoms fade) to experience how clearheaded you feel, even after just the one week mark.

The problem being mostly gluten-free and then getting a HEAVY weekly shot of gluten (via beer) is getting to see the immediate side effects. My eczema flares up terribly on a weekly basis; the same goes for my IBS symptoms (which are practically nonexistent otherwise), and I become way more anxious. To put it plainly, I think there's way more harm in beer besides just the alcoholic value, even though both can be detrimental to one's wellbeing.

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
OK...maybe changing that at home routine is good idea...if noone else is drinking, for example, why not make it a no alcohol evening?

D
I hear this a lot from my fiancée, so I think you're right. The sober counterpart to someone's drunk evening can't possibly be having any real fun... and there's clearly more fun to be had without alcohol than there is indulging in it.

Originally Posted by savarna View Post
hi sweetie. in (my) opinion anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but the fact you searched and found this site indicates there (may) be a issue. normal drinkers would not even think about if there is a problem. All you can do is stop drink and see if things improve........
That's true, I could definitely see that. I guess if multiple people think you have an issue, or at least alcoholic tendencies (which are both applicable in my case), that could even be another warning sign.

Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Ok, so I'm going to share my opinion. 18 beers in a weekend is a lot by most health standards. They say on these boards don't compare the amount one problem drinker has to another, but if you look at AMA or other such organizations you are exceeding healthy consumption amounts. Just saying. Join us on a trip to complete abstinence.
I've always known this is unhealthy, but part of me isn't sure to what degree (I'm sure it's bad, though, and I just fool myself into thinking I'll never get health problems). After all, you're absolutely right, for me, four or so drinks is the only healthy amount.... and I'm really exceeding that.