View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 03:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MrsVain

Health Questions

i am divorced for a year from my AX. he was basically a good person. i am still not sure wtf happened to our marriage, but after a hellish 2013 where his drinking got worse, he found some hoodrat who sympathized (and enabled) with him, i kicked him out and he moved in with her. And she wouldnt give him a second to think for himself. anyways, i divorced him and we havent seen or heard from him since fathers day.

i was wondering about his health and the effects drinking heavily has. i know just about almost nothing about alcoholism, which was one of our main issues. when he started staying out all night drinking, i got offended and suspected he was cheating instead of drinking (and i guess he finally did). i didnt handle it well, on top of grieving for my daughters death, i wonder if it was all my fault......BUT i am good where i am at (except for missing him and being abandoned)....

anyway, he has always drank heavily. but for the first 10 years of our marriage, he seemed to function really good and seemed to be at least TRYING to keep a hold of it. of course he still got 2 DWI in those years plus another one in the last 4. (yep 3 total so far) anyhow his drinking got really bad the last 4 years. he was mostly a binge drinker on weekends. he could drink a case or two cases, rarely hard liquor cuz it made him sick (but still did it more then i would like) just on Friday, Saturday and sometimes Sunday. he would sometimes (rarely) go a whole week without drinking but usually had 3 to 6 drinks a night.

he drank that way all of 2013 progressively getting worse by the end of the year. i really havent seen much of him in 2014 or 2015, but i have heard that he has been drinking even more heavily to the point of blacking out on occasions. i believe he recently got a job so he might have slowed down a little but i am still thinking he is drinking 3-6 beers a night and probably a case or so on the weekends.

my question (finally, sorry) is if he drinks like this, how long will his health hold up. how long before he starts getting sick from it and exactly what does drinking do. all i know is it is bad for your liver.

can someone help me with this? my apologizes if it is a duplicate question or if i posted in the wrong place.