View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Snotchy

Hi Folks, thanks for your input.

A friend who has been through rehab for things other than opiates told me that after two years from rehab, he concluded that progress should be judged not by weeks, but by 3 to 6 month increments. Looking back on the progress I've made since I've been home from rehab on Dec 30th last year, I'm actually doing pretty good! ;-)

When I first got home, I still had the withdrawal insomnia really bad, I could not get up before 8 or 9 in the morning, going to bed at 9:00pm. Now I'm sleeping well and just this week I started getting up between 5 and 5:30am and going to a 6:30AM AA meeting and then going to the gym. I've also been getting much less "weepy" over little things compared to when I first got home. I'd watch tv with my wife and tear up at commercials.

Today I had a really good productive day of work, which only comes 2 or 3 days out of the week at the most. I work for myself as a web developer out of my house. It takes me a while to get deep into it, but I'm getting better and it's getting easier. Concentration is something I'll be able to use as a measuring stick as to brain function.

I appreciate the input of experience. I think I've been letting myself get frustrated because the pills weren't working and pills are supposed to make you feel good, they always did before! I want to just let that thinking go and be patient with my progress, look for the small things and be grateful for them.

Anyway, thanks again. I'm having a better day today. One day at a time!

Take care, I'll check back again soon.

- S