Old 03-25-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
redatlanta

Originally Posted by searching peace View Post
It is turkey season in Alabama. So I knew that part is true. According to him, his attorney told him if I give him the gun than that is fine and he can have it to go hunting with. The guns are locked up in a safe in a closet behind my bedroom and bathroom. I have the key. I took the key when all of this happened in May. I asked about the police taking the guns and they wouldn't. I'll call my attorney's office and let them know. He told me tonight that he can have his attorney file a motion and the judge will allow him to get his gun. But that he doesn't want to go to that trouble. Well I don't want to pay my attorney to ask about his guns! But whatever. The scary thing is a week ago, I would have gone to see him tonight as he asked me to and I probably would have let him have his gun. But after I saw his behavior last night and it was as violent over the phone as it was the night he was arrested almost a year ago, I am afraid of him turning on a dime. I stupidly asked the attorney a week ago to file for the PFA to be dismissed. Thankfully, my attorney is much smarter than I am and didn't do it.
It's difficult and we all have been through a similar feeling. I loved my husband or the person I thought he was. I do not like his behavior now and with the alcohol. I don't want to be divorced a second time. I don't want to go through life alone. But, thanks to this forum and other enlightening venues I know I don't want to live this life anymore. And being divorced twice, and being alone beats being abused and living with an A every day of the week! Thanks yall!!! So grateful to have this forum to help me know and remember things I need help with still.
This is the best I have seen you through this process. You go girl!

And maybe....he lied about what his lawyer said. Hmmmm. Seems it would fit the bill