View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Snotchy

Depression after opiates

Hello all,

Most of 2014 I was on a strong regiment of prescription opiates for a back injury. Fentanyl patch, oxy, dilaudid... I was out of it.

After a 10 day suboxone taper during a 28 day stay in rehab during Dec of last year, I've been clean since. I got my sleep back which has been great, but I've been suffering from depression and bouts of being overly sad since then.

My doc tried Zoloft, which worked great, but made me so sick to my stomach 24/7 that I had to stop it. I also started to put on weight which I cannot afford to do. Then I tried lamotrigine, which after 2 weeks took my sleep away really bad.

So today my doc has me trying Abilify, this has got me concerned about weight gain and other side effects.

This really sucks, the side effects seem worse then the problem, but I have a difficult time concentrating and I just generally feel down and out much of the time. I wish I could feel like I did while taking the Zoloft with out feeling like I had the stomach flu.

I'm feeling like I might just go back to drinking a bit to self-medicate, but that could be a bad road to go down.

I'm wondering if the depression, like my sleep will level off and become balanced again.
I had been on and off the pain meds for about 5 years, so it's hard to say if I was suffering from depression prior to taking them.

Anyone been through this?

Thanks,

- S