Thread: trapped
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 04:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
jaynie04

Thanks Dee. I tend to have an avoid ant personality so I get really agitated when I feel trapped. I think if anything I am going to use this as a very big learning experience about making sure I can depart somewhere in the future if I need to . Unfortunately no AA meetings…they are over 5 hours away on dirt roads, but trust me, I would kayak there if I could!

I spent last night dreaming of different projectiles I could lob at him. I have ear plugs, sleep mask (don't hate me for being so glam), he has Breathe Right strips….I came armed.

I can't believe it…my husband just called from the lobby, while I was writing this post... we are going to be able to move today. SR once again is my good luck charm. We have been here since last Friday…I just wrote this and he just called…!!! Not kidding…SR karma at work.

If any newbies are reading this I just want to reinforce the idea of setting up circumstances if possible. I was really lost without my usual exit strategy of taking a pill or drinking. I was beginning to wonder if all the howler monkeys we hear in the trees at night are actually other wives like me who have lost it!!!! I feel so grateful to always have support 24/7…you guys are truly the best!!!

On a more upbeat note, not drinking around the pool or dinner has not been hard. It is amazing that it does get easier, there is no way I could have taken this trip in the first 6 months.

Thank you guys!