View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Butterfly
Baby Steps

So this is quacking?? It hasn't presented to a judge yet we have to go through mediation and we are waiting for pension estimates etc to come through so no decree nisi has been granted! So do you think I can continue on as he has already filed for divorce?

I don't know why the sudden change in mind, he knew it would cost money. Although he kept saying about how he has no money, he never sc***ed me financially and that he has has been more than fair to me financially and how he had to take a loan for his flat, ahh poor him well he did leave so he could drink!! His last text was how he needs to protect himself now the vultures are circling, but he doesn't mean me, solicitors and barristers!!

Hawkeye I think your right he thought I would just lie back and agree with him so it would be nice and easy. He apparently looked up amicable divorce on the Internet, part of me thinks he is testing to see if I will back down and agree with him and let him do whatever he wants, see if he can still control me!

He had filed it with the courts and after speaking to a solicitor I filed saying I didn't agree with his statement.

I don't know whether the petition can be withdrawn, whether I can co time with what has been submitted or whether I will now have to file a new petition.

He says he doesn't understand the difference in him saying we had been separated for 2 years or five, well the fact that you also said that we haven't lived together in 15 years and just basically disregarded our marriage as if it never happened.

I would agree to 2 yrs separation, we have been separated a year and I do need this over with because if I have to wait another year to start this process all over again I do feel that it would set me back and I don't want to do that! Nearly said can't there lol.

I will speak to my solicitor tomorrow about what to do now.

But one good thing, I didn't ask if he didn't want the divorce, I didn't ask if IHe was changing his mind or regretting his decision and I didn't back down and agree with what he wanted even when he tired to use the kids to manipulate me!! I had a friend round tonight and I spent a few hours with her catching up, I put my phone on silence so I wouldn't be interrupted and spend the night focusing on him! One step forward after having a couple of crappy days!!