View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 11:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Butterfly
Baby Steps

He's withdrawing divorce petition??

Received a text from stbxah saying he had been asked for money for costs from his solicitor and how he can't afford this and he will be withdrawing the divorce petition because he thought I said I would agree to a five year separation and he can't stand over it now, he is adamant that I to,d him this and that I wouldn't involve a solicitor.

I know I didn't I told him if he wanted to say we had been separated 2 years I would agree. Anyway he's now saying he will petition again when we have had a 2 year split so we can both be honest. He keeps saying about how he hasn't messed me about financially as he took most of the debt and he has agreed to sign the house over to me that he has nothing left to split with me. How he wanted an amicable divorce and would rather the kids got what little we have than the Sharks!!! He wanted an amicable divorce without it costing a fortune that we can't afford

I said to him the terms of the divorce can be negotiated in mediation and presented to the judge and he will have to pay more money to file another petition next year!

I know he will have been told to provide all the financial statements and he maybe doesn't want me to see things.

I did get my hopes up for a minute or so thinking he's changing his mind but When he said about filing another petition when we were separated 2 years I just thought no way am I going through this again next year I couldn't cope with it, I need this done so I can move on.