Old 03-24-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
zjw

it hought about starting a thread like this myself.

I have a few friends that the party still hasnt ended. they all smoke dope all the time and drink whenever. One has one foot in the be serious camp and the other in the party world. as he watches people like me on one side and his other friends just never get serious about life. Seriously many of these folks never matured much past high school

those are folks my age. Fast farward a little. another friend of mine his brother hung around the same kinds of folks all his life. his brother had a kid whos in foster care cause well mom and dad have been in and out of jail a few times and such. My friend just had me pick up his brothers things from hospice to ship to him. he died 58 years old from lung cancer. all the years of smoking got him I suppose before the booze and coke and everything else.

None of these folks could i tell ya too much other then they where nice people who's lives revolved around drugs and booze and normally not a lot further from there.

I know despite my sins I have more hope now. more hope i wont get cirrosis or go to jail for something stupid. More hope my family wont fall apart. more hope I wont get lung cancer. My chances of a happy life have increased 100 fold since quiting booze.