View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 02:35 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
StellaPolaris

B for Books

Originally Posted by Gottalife View Post
All those letters and numbers.

How about AA, steps 1-12. The best way I have found to fix that inner discontent
I know, Gottalife… But making my Plan v. 108.0.0 I needed to change things up a bit. I like the daily focus, it reels my mind in when it starts to wander, and it doesn’t get boring as there’s always something new tomorrow.

AA is not really available here in my city. I guess there are online meetings, but I would like to be f2f. I’ve downloaded the Big Book though, which correlates beautifully with my Day 2, B for books.

I’ve read a lot of recovery literature, self-help and so on. Currently reading The Courage to Be (in increments, it’s a lot to take in for a newly sober fogbrain).

I do need some light literature, though. Any input is very welcome, as today is the day I’m making my list of literature. I currently have:
- Game of Thrones (should keep me busy for a while)
- The Courage to Be (Tillich)
- How to Meditate (Chödrön)
- Emergence: Seven Steps for Radical Life Change (Rydall)
- Ask and it is Given (curious about this one…)
- Some Mark Billingham, Stephen King and a lot of literature on Gulag and the Nazi war experiments (too depressing atm I think, will not go there).

Any recommendations? Easter in Norway = crime (for some macabre reason), but anything entertaining, funny or gripping would be good. I need some time-outs from all this recovery and self-development thinking.