View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 01:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Foolsgold186

Originally Posted by SamLacey View Post
Hello.

My name's Samantha, I'm from England but live in Germany. I've had a drinking problem for about 15 years. It's had all kinds of disastrous consequences...arrested, hospitalised, lost friends, family, jobs, everyone and everything. I went to a therapy for 6 weeks. It kind of helped. I didn't drink for 6 months. Then I started again with the odd tipple, just to see if I could drink responsibly and only have one or two...of course that didn't work. Now, I'm back to the point where I wake up in the morning and have a huge drink, then drink all day and try to control it and cover my breath with mints and hide the alcohol everywhere. I'm now at breaking point. I think it's going to kill me and I have lost absolutely everything. I don't know why I do this, or how to get out of it. So far today my day has been waking up, having a bottle of wine in the bath, now I'm just waiting for it to get dark so I can spend the evening in bed drinking, crying and being alone. I have no more alcohol left so will have to go out and get some. That will be the highlight of my day. For now, I just wish I had a bottle of vodka next to me. Urgh. Thank you for listening!
Hi Samantha,

Welcome to SR. I'm sorry for what youre going through just now but you can leave that life behind.

The hightlight of my day was getting drink or being drunk. I didnt think I could function without alcohol being in my life in any form. Turns out its quite possible if you want it. 9 months ago I hated myself, life was like groundhog day and I could barely look at myself in the mirror. Today its a completely different story.

Reaching out for support is a good step and you will find loads here. I also attend AA which has been truly beneficial to me getting sober.

Wishing you well. You can do this.

Leigh x