Old 03-22-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Weas, so sorry to hear that your friend is ill. Sounds like you've been a great part of his life in recent times, and he in yours.

About to leave San Jose. Heading for SJO in about 30 minutes and will be off to GUA shortly thereafter. It's so nice traveling and not worrying about all the "extra stuff" that comes with being a drug user and drinker.

In the past, I would have been hungover and probably suffering some pretty bad anxiety if I were sober...but more than likely I'd have already been drunk by noon. I'd also be asking myself "did I leave any weed in my carry-on bag?" and I'd have to triple-check to make sure. I'd often leave marijuana on the bedside table, thinking it would be a nice "tip" for the maid. Yeeesh. I would also start being antsy about getting to the airport and would be already thinking about the airport bars - where I'd spend $30-$50 on drinks over a couple hours at least. Sometimes I'd be so drunk by the time I got on a plane that I'd pass out immediately. I remember once I spilled a drink all over the passenger next to me...my first thought wasn't to help that passenger, it was to order another drink. I was denied by a veteran flight attendant. Ugh.

Today I am drug and alcohol free and have none of those concerns. I have arranged a taxi. He will take me to the airport. I'll check in, have a coffee, and surf the web. I'll board my flight, and get home in time to watch the evening NCAA games and maybe squeeze in a TV show before bed. It's the sober life for me on this Sunday. Have a great one all!